• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wisp
    started a topic Benly bob

Benly bob

DSCN1858.jpgDSCN1860.jpgDSCN1864.jpgDSCN1866.jpg
    Just bought a Honda CD125TC Benly for the next project, woop! woop! well excited.

• greenhorn
    replied
    That looks great mate. NEXT BIKE!!!

Leave a comment:

• hondabrat550
    replied
    Nice to see it finished fella....done well

Leave a comment:

• wisp
    replied
    For sale in my local motorcycle dealers Waltham cross motorcycles and on eBay. Check it out. Open to descent offers.......
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dave
    replied
    Looks good Wisp, I reckon you've done a good job there

Leave a comment:

• bluedog59
    replied
    Well done on getting your bike finished and MOT'd. It's always nice when the tester hands over a pass.

Gaz, I know what you mean, I have commented on the "upgrade" being anything but. No reply yet.

Leave a comment:

• gaz
    replied
    Very nice wisp !

Well worth all the hard work & i have to admit a preference to liking the smaller cc builds.

I'm sure lots of others would like to comment but can't get on the forum !

Leave a comment:

• wisp
    replied
    Finished project - At last fully finished. I put the first drops of petrol in the tank this morning and fired her up, took her around the block and she goes like a dream. Took a little ride up to my local bike shop and she rides really nice with very loud pipes gives her a real attitude. Passed M.o.t at the bike shop and drew quite a little crowd outside which was cool. It's been a lot of hard work but worth it bringing another old dog back to life.... going to wait until new year before i think about anymore projects as i need a real rest... She's up for sale now :-( if anyones interested as you can't keep 'em all.... happy early christmas everyone i'm of for a beer cos i'm knackered.... all the best.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wisp; 24th-11-2017, 07:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wisp
    replied
    Bluedog your a star, took the starter motor off and pulled it apart looked ok but squirted a load of wd40 inside and greased up the cog bits and put it all back and Bingo no silly squarking noise.
    Ive started the bike on/off over 15 times now and No noise, so fingers crossed Bluedog sorted it for me. cheers mate its very much appreciated, and thanks to all the forum chums on here too......

Leave a comment:

• dave
    replied
    I don't think I've ever heard that noise before! I think I'd be inclined to follow Bluedog59's advice as it sounds like a likely cause. Failing that I reckon it's down to the old "mechanics stethoscope" trick of getting a big screwdriver and putting the handle to your ear and the tip on various parts of the engine until you locate where the noise is coming from.

Leave a comment:

• bluedog59
    replied
    It could be the starter clutch is being a little slow to disengage. It may be worth pulling it apart and making sure it's all free moving if it's been stood for a while.

Leave a comment:

• wisp
    replied
    https://youtu.be/Fg-Z_SSzLHA
    Help needed, so ive got the engine running exhausts on and now on start up (especially cold start) it makes this one off odd squawk noise (check out the youtube link to here it) The engine starts and runs really well no other noises just the odd squawk noise on start up.
    When i rebuilt the engine i used new piston rings, new gasket set, new valve stem seals, adjusted the cam chain tensioner and the valve gaps. I re-gapped the valve gaps last week and not sure if its something todo with that.
    Any ideas appreciated.............

Leave a comment:

• dave
    replied
    I love the taillight in the old piston, excellent idea and the colour scheme looks pretty good too
    As for a number plate light you should have one of those and a red reflector at the back but there are loads of suitable and fairly discreet ones out there

Leave a comment:

• gaz
    replied
    WOW !

Just one question though.....do you need a light illuminating the number plate for the MOT ?

Leave a comment:

• wisp
    replied
    The Tank.
    Ive been thinking on what colour to do the tank. I really liked the white but i wanted to add metalflake and on the white it was a no go so i had to think of something else. I was walking home from work when i see a New Ford Edge car Ford electric spice.jpg in this colour "Electric Spice" which is a metallic and i think (hope) it will go nicely with the frame. I bought 100ml and went to Leon my painter mate.
    He sorted any minor imperfections and primered the tank, we used a black base coat then 3 coats of the electric spice then 1 coat of liquid glass lacquer and let this really harden for a few hours. we then added some "fools gold" metal flake which is a dark golden colour into the liquid glass lacquer and added several coats until the desired effect was achieved. Again left to dry then Honda sticker added and lacqered until smooth, then lastly cut and buffed.DSCN2180.jpgDSCN2186.jpgDSCN2206.jpg The colour looks great and the sparkle is crazy in the light i just can't get a picture to do any justice but you get the idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X