Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie, 1st build, cb400n

Cheers all!
    New here, from Croatia. So i had this bike for a few years but just got to it last few months. The donor was in need of a top rebuild so i bored the cylinders +1mm and changed all that goes with it (pistons ring and all).. carbs were rebuilt too and i also ordered a couple of various sized jets since id like to go with pods (i red a lot about theese kind of carbs are a pain to work with) and a more open exhaust. Im in the process of stripping the black paint of the engine because i kind of hate it
    Last edited by GogoZd; 18th-12-2017, 10:27 PM.

Comment

I would really love to swap the tank for the older model one and change the wheels to spokes. Any one here done that? Is there a direct swap? I found a guy thats got a set from a seventies 400f but i think they all had a single front disc.. any ideas on that?

Comment

Anyways.. there is still a lot to do on it since it was sitting a bit and i really havent driven it that much so i dont know all the issues. But hopefully ill manage to make it all work as i get to it and with the help.of you good people. Any advice and help.is really appreciated. Oh and i forgot im going for a brat style type of build

Comment

I think you’ll find that the wire wheels from a Honda CB250 RS of the same era are pretty much a straight swap.

The fuel tank from a late 70’s Honda CB250T or CB400T should fit too.

The CB250N wasn’t much more than a cosmetic update of the CB250T and they have many parts in common.

Stirlingmoz

Comment

A mate had cafed his 400 and got his tank from a chinese ebayer....he's very happy with it.

My Honda CBX550 project here: http://thebikeshed.cc/forums/threads...at-on-a-budget!

Comment

Originally posted by hondabrat550 View Post
              A mate had cafed his 400 and got his tank from a chinese ebayer....he's very happy with it.

I like that tank a lot! Does he have a build log anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by stirlingmoz View Post
                I think you’ll find that the wire wheels from a Honda CB250 RS of the same era are pretty much a straight swap.

The fuel tank from a late 70’s Honda CB250T or CB400T should fit too.

The CB250N wasn’t much more than a cosmetic update of the CB250T and they have many parts in common.

Stirlingmoz
                Hey mate. Thanks for the info. I looked into it but rs models seem quite scarse.. no matter ill go with original ones until something comes along.

Comment

There was a company years ago that unbolted the stock "spokes" and rims and replaced them with an adaptor ring that allow classic wire spokes and rims to be fitted. Technically it's a very simple conversion and also allows you to change rim size and width. If you find a pair of spoked wheels that have the rims you want, the adaptor rings are a simple machining job and new spokes aren't that expensive. The "hard" part is doing your research and making sure you have everything measured and worked out before you start.
                  Google "Superdream spoked wheel conversion" to see how it's done.
                  Last edited by bluedog59; 27th-12-2017, 02:11 PM. Reason: "Google" bit.

Comment

Originally posted by GogoZd View Post

I like that tank a lot! Does he have a build log anywhere?
                    Not that I know of. I've messaged him to get more tank purchase info. He had it propainted, I know that.
                    My Honda CBX550 project here: http://thebikeshed.cc/forums/threads...at-on-a-budget!

Comment

Hi Mate if you need parts for Vintage Honda's try davidsilverspares .co.uk
                      they bought all of Honda's old stock and have 1000's of parts.
                      Last edited by wisp; 2nd-01-2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

This is my cb250n with the 400t tank. I much prefer it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X