CB750 Brat Build - First Bike, First Post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB750 Brat Build - First Bike, First Post

Hi all, I bought my first ever bike a few weeks ago - an 82 CB750F. It's not in a terrible state but it's certainly seen better days and needs a little life breathing into it.

The plan is to create a subtle brat look bike - leather seat, rear hoop, new switchgear, progressive springs then powder coat the frame, lower forks, wheels and brake calipers. I'm going to try and phase the work to keep the bike on the road through (most of) the build, filming each phase as I go.

The first video I've made is below. I'll try and keep this thread updated as I go. In the meantime if anyone has any words of advice, encouragement, links, I'm all ears!

Agree re tank colour big bike look forward to seeing what you do with it.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...b750f%2081.htm

The road test on the link makes for an interesting read impressive bike by the sounds of it.
    Last edited by nortonj; 15th-04-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Looks like a good starting point mate, I like the video too I remember these bikes when they came out, my mate bought a new one in black, but I don't think I've ever seen one in those colours before. If you haven't replaced the battery I'd do it as soon as as it sounds like it's knackered and running with a duff battery can put a strain on the charging system and cause further damage, I know on some bikes trying to start them with a partially flat battery can cause damage to the starter system too. Looking forward to further updates though

Comment

"running with a duff battery can put a strain on the charging system and cause further damage" I hadn't realised that - thanks for the heads up. Battery seems to be holding a charge OK so far but it's going to get swapped out eventually so I may as well bite the bullet I guess...

Comment

Working...
        X