No announcement yet.

My daughters CB550

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice! From the results i've seen that price should be well worth it!

A small bobbed mudguard could look decent. Same colour as the tank, or something like black or silver?

Comment

• Hmmm. Undecided as yet. It would look nice the same colour as the tank, but if the finish is good enough I'd probably leave it bare metal.
      If you don't learn from your mistakes then they are just mistakes

Comment

• Been gone a long time again but bike looks sick mate 👍🏻 Well done. Working on mine at the moment, I've just built a new wiring loom. Haven't started the bike yet but fingers crossed it goes well 🙈

Comment

• Originally posted by mhbsmark View Post
          Hmmm. Undecided as yet. It would look nice the same colour as the tank, but if the finish is good enough I'd probably leave it bare metal.
          Nice!

Comment

• Thanks Pinky.
            I notice from one of your threads that you were going to use an m-unit, how did that go? I'm thinking I might go down the same route??
            I watched a couple of tutorial videos from Revival Cycles and their guy Stefan explains wiring the m-unit in easy to understand language.
            I keep saying that I've already spent far too much on this bike but If I can get to anywhere near the standard of some of the bikes at Tobacco Dock I'll be well chuffed.
            I think that a tidy wiring job will really be the icing on the cake

Comment

• I actually just got the m unit today. Looks a tidy piece of kit and I've also had some triple button switches off motone customs. I wanted triple switches, didn't like the motogadget ones s got them, also very tidy. I'm going to make a start this weekend. I'll let you know how it goe 👍🏻 Don't want to hijack the thread though! If I can help with anything let me know, I'd never tackled any wiring before but after studying the diagrams and altering them I found it ok

Comment

• I hadn't seen this thread before but you've done a damn nice job of that bike mate it looks well smart

Comment

• Thanks Dave, much appreciated
                  I managed to get a few bits sorted at the weekend....
                  Slots in bars for hidden wiring, stripped the seat cover, (needs re-doing) and sourced another clutch perch without the switchgear attached (I'm using Motone switches like Pinky)

Comment

• Well, it's been a while but the bike is all finished and I'm pretty chuffed with the end result. There's been a lot of trial and error along the way but the bike runs and rides really well.
                    But all good things must come to an end and the bike is up for sale on the Bike Shed classifieds. I'm asking £5500.

I need the space for my next project, something a bit old school this time, a 1969 Triumph T100fullsizeoutput_f9f.jpeg

Comment

• fullsizeoutput_fa3.jpeg

Comment

• Here's a few more pics.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X